Menu

Chris Cooney

On any given day, Chris is most likely to be found walking vineyard rows rather than the halls of the winery—he estimates that 95% of his time is spent focused on farming the vineyards, leaving just 5% in the winery where he makes sure that what was developed in the vineyard is honored with a minimally invasive, yet exacting winemaking practice. With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biological Science from Amherst College and Master of Science degree from the University of California, Davis, plus internships and winemaking positions from Germany to Australia and the Napa Valley over the course of his career, Chris brings an expertise, attention to detail, and insatiable appetite for exploration and learning to crafting each vintage of VASO.